A Modicum of Sanity

20060411

Say: O disbelievers! I worship not that which ye worship; Nor worship ye that which I worship. And I shall not worship that which ye worship. Nor will ye worship that which I worship. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

-Qur'an 109:1-6, Picktall Translation

The last verse in particular I find interesting. In a different translation (M Asad), it becomes even more forward and blunt: "Unto you, your moral law, and unto me, mine!"

Explain to me again how Islam is a religion of hate.

3 Comments:

  • because in the same holy book they say to kill all those who don't believe. It's a book of dualism. They state both sides of almost every topic. I don't think you're going to find the truth you seek there

    By Blogger that girl, at 11 April, 2006 22:23  

  • Oh yes... forgot about that one. Pity that. And no, I wasn't planning on converting to Islam. I just found it interesting that they had such a verse.

    By Blogger Stephonovich, at 11 April, 2006 22:32  

  • yeah... I'm glad to hear that (the "i'm not planning on converting to Islam" bit). It's your life and all, but... I'd be very sad and worried.

    <3

    By Blogger that girl, at 17 April, 2006 00:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home