A Modicum of Sanity

20060501

It's things like this that make me want to bang my head repeatedly into a carbon fiber reinforced concrete wall. Renting a house (to the tune of $50,000) for a birthday party? Not one, but two shiny new cars? Hiring a band to fly in to play at your party? It goes way past wrong. I have nothing against those with money (other than griping about my lack of it); hell, I don't even have a problem with flaunting it. But to display such a callous attitude to the other 99% of the world, it's just wrong. C'mon, Bill Gates donates billions to charity. That's billions with a capital B. (well, not when I used it the first time... but the point remains)

2 Comments:

  • Watching Sweet 16 on MTV were you? Yeah, they're spoiled assholes. The saddest part about the cars is that you *know* that they're going to crash them within three months. Poor car...

    By Blogger Melissa, at 02 May, 2006 00:57  

  • I avoid MTV like the plague. Heard about said show awhile back. Saw this story on Fark. (comments were marvelous, of note)

    By Blogger Stephonovich, at 02 May, 2006 02:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home