A Modicum of Sanity

20060514

What have I become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
goes away in the end
You could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

-Hurt (Nine Inch Nails)

When you hurt someone you love more than anything in the world, what does make you? A liar? Surely if you cared, you wouldn't have hurt them. And what can be done for the hurt? Should you hurt yourself? Wallow in misery? Apologize endlessly?

It has been said that the most important question that can be asked is "Why?". I believe this to be true. However, it is also the most painful question that can be asked; be it of yourself, or another.

I apologize for the angst. Not usually my style. But, y'know... every once in awhile, it's the only mood that fits.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home